Home Theatre Installation - AV Server Racks
AV Server Racks are a great way to give that finishing touch to your media room or designated home theatre room. Whether it is out of site, hanging on the wall out of site or in the corner they are a robust peice of equipment that provide a myriad of benefits to the media room/home theatre system in whole.
What does a AV server Rack look like?
AV Server Racks come in various sizes. They may be used as a peice of furniture or can be completely concealed in your 'media cupboard'.
Why use a Server Rack?
When you have a designated home theatre room, the last thing you want to distract your eye and attention from your big projector screen is seeing flashing lights , clocks, displays and LED lights in a TV cabinet below the screen. The second major reason is that when you have a nice home theatre room, you will most probably want your expensive equipment, out of reach of say, 'the little ones' stopping them from playing with the settings or pulling out cords. Next you want to look after your equipment by keeping it dust free and cool. AV server racks provide loads of ventilation and the larger /better quality ones even come with built in fans.
What Sizes do they come in?
AV Server racks come in various sizes. All AV racks are similar in depth and width, giving ample room for standard size amplifiers, and AV equipment. The major difference in sizes is their - height. TV Magic stock AV server racks from the height of a microwave with 1 shelf , right up to floor to ceiling units that contain 4 shelves or more. Our most popular units are are 1 shelf and 2 shelf units. There are 5x different height sizes in total. Contact TV Magic for out latest stock dimensions.
What are the benefits?
The best part about an AV server racks is:-
"Where are the cords!!?? I can't believe it! They are actually hidden somewhere!!"
You will find that cable spaghetti is a fact of life. Any time you have surround sound or speakers there has to be a cable of some nature. Until technology allows to send power through the air waves (withou electrocuting you) , we don't see any real high performance cableless equipment technology coming out too soon. Yes , picture, sound and information can be sent wirelessly however, when it comes to power:- you need a cord/cable. (This includes surround sound/speakers)
The other benefits include:
- Keeping your equipment out of sight / concealed yet still allowing remote control access
- Keeping your expensive equipment safe under lock and key. (It's like it's very only AV safe!)
- Keeping your equipment cool and maintained. Many AV server racks now come with built in cooling fans
- Cables are under control and tide. AV server racks often come with in-built Australian Standard power boards and surge boards
- AV server racks give that 'cinema feel' and professional extra touch to any media room.
- AV server racks can double up as a stylish media room furniture to showcase a dvd collection or other..
- Keep your kids and/or others from 'playing with the settings'!! (this is a big benefit!!)