Which Cable for the best TV picture?
Achieving this is partially determined by the cables you are using. The other factors include your tv brand, model, picture calibration and material source.
To get the best tv picture you possibly can you need to use the right cable for your tv and the connected equipment. For instance, where a hdmi cable gives a better picture from ie. Foxtel on some tv's a component cable can deliver a better picture!
And you may face the issue of: Do you have enough inputs on your television!? or, Does your equipment even support that cable?
From a very general stand point. The higher the resolution a cable can provide - the better the picture is going to be. (This of course is only 1 of the 6 factors that determine getting the best tv picture you possibly can. read more...)
In order of resolution performance:
- Hdmi cable - Component Cable - DVI cable - (1080p)
- Vga cable - Component Cable - Scart to Component - (analogue 720p -1080p)
- S-video - Scart - Scart to Svideo - (480i-576i)
- RCA - Composite - Scart - Coax - (480i)
- Coax cable - RF - (>480i)
- Quality of cable of that type
- The output performance of the particular equipment that the cable is connected to
To get the best tv picture you possibly can:
Get Tv Magic to professionally tune and setup your equipment!
Want to learn how to get the best audio quality? read more...